8 Selection Criteria for Choosing Differential, Pressure, or Temperature Switches
|Ashcroft Differential Pressure Switch|
Here are 8 Selection Criteria for Choosing Differential Pressure or Temperature Switches
- Does the applications require an Explosion Proof (NEMA 7) housing or a Watertight (NEMA 4) housing?
- Do you need single or dual set points?
- Do you need fixed or adjustable dead band?
- Do you need an adjustable set point switch or a factory set only switch (this step is only for Pressure Switches)?
- Select the appropriate switch model listed in the step 5 boxes in the pressure, differential pressure or temperature switch selection charts. This selection would be based on comparing the basic size and features of the switch models listed in the box based on your choices for the first 4 steps. Refer to the appropriate switch product matrix or catalog page for more information on the switch models.
- Determine the operation range needed from the appropriate switch model range charts.
- Select the appropriate micro switch based on your electrical requirements and deadband requirements.
- Select the wetted materials and process connection based on your process media and piping.
|Ashcroft Temperature Switch|
Ashcroft offers several different pressure, differential pressure and temperature switch models. Contact your local applications expert for help in selecting the best model for your application.
For more information on Ashcroft products, contact Tri-State Technical Sales. Call them at 610-647-5700 or visit https://tristatetechnicalsales.com.